Monday, January 17, 2011

I chose not to own a tv...

This post of the notable blog 1001 rules for my unborn son got me thinking. I chose not to own a tv when I left my parents' home and never changed my mind, mostly because I never really romanced the box and because only recently did I have the money to buy one.

I'm not very sure what Lamond had in mind when he wrote his "rule", but it's been my mantra just because I don't want to sound that granola. Appearances, appearances.

Ten years later, I've lived under the same roof with a tv more than once but I simply don't watch it. The box schedules are tyrannical and I'm more of an on-demand person, so internet is my cup of tea. I rather feel the master than the slave.

That's when it comes to scheduling, that is. Otherwise it's not that different.

No comments: