Monday, May 2, 2011

Hard drugs

Nothing ever gave me such a disproportionate feeling of accomplishment like a good 30 minute run did - let alone a 60 minute run. Biking for 75 minutes, one mile of lapswimming and 30 minutes of rowing (all of these within a gym walls, I must say) also left me basking in a glow of exhilaration and invincibility.

I think those were endorphines, and man are they addictive.

During pregnancy I was brimming with health and with a permanent positive mindset. The Universe and I were perfectly tuned, and I've never felt better.

I think those were oestrogen and other hormones, and man did I miss them after giving birth.

So like a recovering junkie craving her next fix but knowing it won't happen, I'm just doing without. Making do and doing without, but starting to realize that the fix is going to come in an odd and unexpected shape.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Jules,

I love my pregnancy moon too. Maybe that's why i'm doing it for the third time?!

Thanks for commenting with your names. Sometimes you just need some outside input with names maybe you haven't heard before. Love your daughters name. xx

Julia said...

Tracey, Miss Walker, thank you.