Monday, May 9, 2011

Time traveling to 2006

One day during this month will mark 5 years since I opened my first blogger account. Blogspot and Typepad were bubbling with people opening blogs all the time to speak their minds, to tell others about their day or interests, simply to own a public space and tasting what it feels like being the ruler in a little internet playground.

Some people really took off. Armed with one subject to write about, discipline and talent, they managed to create a niche and they became sort of celebrities. Most people telling little nothings or sharing everyday pictures moved on to Facebook, Twitter, PicasaWeb and other specific environments, and stopped blogging altogether.

In a way I still live in 2006, still immersed that blogging bubble. I didn't get the memo that people who don't know me probably aren't interested in reading me, but if you're here, you probably didn't get it either.

By the way, thank you.

2 comments:

Amy - Pride of Place said...

I am a bit late to the party, I only started blogging in December 2010. I think it is fantastic that strangers can communicate over common interests and it's much better than facebook!

Julia said...

Nope, you're right on time. I really like your blog and I wish you all the best!